Robert Rowett Architectural Services - Privacy Notice (for Consultants and Suppliers)
Data Controller (who decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes):
What personal data may be collected:
- Robert Rowett Architectural Services
Where we obtain personal data:
- Name(s) and title(s), including job title(s), if relevant;
- Contact information, including: site and correspondence address(es), email address(es) and telephone
- Other data relevant to projects you are consulting on, if applicable;
- Payment details, if applicable.
- Your family members, if applicable;
- Your employees, if applicable;
- In some cases we may also obtain personal data from websites, where it is publicly available.
Note: If any of your personal data becomes superseded you should communicate this to us at your earliest
convenience, along with updated information (if required).
Note: You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold on you.
How your personal data may be used:
- To communicate with you, as required;
- To prepare and complete necessary drawings, documents and applications for a project you are consulting on, if applicable;
- To purchase goods, materials and services from you, if applicable;
- To maintain our records and accounts in line with our legal duties;
- To improve our services to you and others.
Note: We may use photos, drawing extracts and a write up about projects on our website and social media pages.
No personal data will be shared, unless agreed with you beforehand. We may share non-personal company data, if
The lawful bases we operate under:
Who we share your data with:
- Contract: Processing necessary for the performance of a contract (or necessary to enter into a contract);
- Legitimate Interests: Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the data controller (us) or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of the data subject (you);
We may recommend your services to our clients and other contacts. To do this we may share personal data such as
name(s), telephone number(s) and email address(es). We may also share other information that is freely available
Otherwise, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any personally identifiable information.
This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website and conducting our business. Such
trusted parties may have access to personally identifiable information on a need-to-know basis and will be
contractually obliged to keep your information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe
release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or
safety. However, non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing,
advertising, or other uses.
How our data processes effect you:
We only collect personal data if it is required, or likely to be required, to fulfil our contractual obligations to you or
our clients. If you do not provide the relevant information we may not be able to consult with or purchase materials
Our data retention period:
Projects, including all relevant personal data, are archived within three months of completion and retained for
fifteen years thereafter. A copy may be retained on back-up systems for a period of time following this. Data may be
retained for longer to meet legal obligations, if required. We may also retain information if requested by our clients,
or if we provide further services to them on a related project.
Accounts, including all relevant personal data from suppliers, are kept for seven years from the end of our financial
Data may be retained for longer to meet legal obligations, if required. Note that drawings and documents in relation
to a project may also be retained on the Local Authority’s Planning Register, and drawings and documents prepared
by us will be retained on our systems. We may also retain information if requested by you, or if we provide further
services in conjunction with you on a related project.
Transfer of data abroad:
We may use Dropbox or OneDrive to send files to our clients and relevant third parties (i.e. structural engineers)
where these files are too large to email, or to share non-personal data. We also use Evernote as an internal work
chat and to take notes, which may include some personal data. Otherwise, we do not generally transfer personal
data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), except where a client is based outside the EEA.Changes to our privacy notice:
Any changes we make to our privacy notice, including if we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose not
covered here, will be notified to you by email. We also suggest checking this page regularly for updates.
How to make a complaint:
If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your personal data, please contact Robert Rowett on 01208 873323 or via our contact form here
. If we cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on 03031 231113 or via
For further information on the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and your rights please check the ICO